Sorry to those of you who have been wearing out your F5 key just waiting for the updates about all those Thanksgiving beers I had. Good news, here they come! Or at least some of them. I was really excited about the Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. I have heard good things about the Sierra Nevada Big Foot and Anniversary ales, so I figured this had to be pretty good. This was the first beer I had at Johns house. I opened it and poured it into a pint glass. As you can see from the pictures, the head on this was a little nuts! I have been getting very little head on most of my beers, so I didn't necessarily take the time to pour this one down the side for the first part, and then the middle for the end, I mainly just poured it straight into the center. Alright, maybe that was a bad idea. But it did settle down, and I was able to drink it. The aroma was definitely hoppy, very much like I would expect from an IPA. The taste definitely matched, having strong piney hops. Infact, like a number of the other less expensive single IPAs from stone and dogfishhead, the hops were good, but tended to hide alot of the other nuances. In the end all I really remember were hops.
Because I got a 6-pack of these, I have been able to try this beer a couple more times (twice more if I recall correctly). My impression stayed the same, even in the comfort of my own home, with no other distractions. Having talked about beer some more with Aaron, I have realized that my tastes ARE begining to change. I think that a few months ago this would have been just what I was looking for. Now, I demand more of an ale. I want some complexity to the taste, not just MASSIVE HOPS. (Tho, don't get me wrong, I still like my hops!) The Schlfly and Unibroues I had later on seemed to confirm that this is the case. You can look forward to reading about them soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment