Alright, here it is, the FINAL thanksgiving beer that I will be reviewing. The Left Handed Brewing company's Twin Sisters Double IPA bomber. My favorite beer thus far has been the dogfish head 90 minute IPA, which is apparently a double IPA, so I was really looking forward to this one. As you can see, good head on this, light color, and I don't remember the aroma. I do remember being VERY pleased with this brew. The flavors where very smooth and mellow with a nice hoppy kick. But not the over powering hops of alot of the single IPAs. I also have some faint memory that the hops had a different characteristic than what I am used to, but I cannot remember anymore! UG! However, given how much I enjoyed this I will have no problem trying it again later! The only issue will be availability. I haven't really seen much if any left hand stuff down in Georgia, so I don't know when I will try it again. I am sure I will get a chance tho, as they seem to be a fairly large brewery.
Alright, thats (finaly) it for the thanksgiving crop of beers. It was definately a good holiday! Now, as my Christmas holidy is about half over, I am trying to do a better job of staying up to date on the postings. These last two posts where very fuzzy on any of the specifics that I like to keep track of.
I will try and grab you one on the way down! (no promises) But I did get a 6-pack variety of Schlafly for us all to enjoy...I can't promise there will be 6 by the time I get down there though!
ReplyDelete