Saturday, November 15, 2008

Beer Preview

As a preview of what beers I have coming up to drink I figured I would show you what I got on my last trip to Toast. You can see the receipt to the left (click to get a full sized readable image).

Shiner Black Lager: I decided to go with the beer based on the recommendation of one of the beer guys at Toast. He said that he had been drinking the Sam Adams black lager, and found this to be even better. I am not a big lager fan, but he said this was light and had a clean aftertaste like lager, but with a dark beer taste. Boy was he right! I have already drunk and reviewed this beer.

Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale: This was another recommendation for the Toast guy. I have also been recommended the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot ale as a nice hoppy ale by a friend. The Toast guy recommended this one when I asked if he had any hoppy/IPA style stuff that I might like. He actually had to go into the back to grab one of the last ones.

Stone Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale: I have had there IPA and other Ale and they have been good. This is suppose to be pretty hoppy I believe, and I like the sound of "Oaked." I am looking forward to tasting this beer.

Highland Black Mocha Stout: I know nothing about this beer. Mocha Stout sounded good, so I am giving it a shot. Don't let me down!

Stone IPA: I have had these before. Some of the better sub $2 beers I have had, so I bought two. I know I will like it. Good for some time when I just want a deceI nt IPA.

Great Divide Saint Bridget's Porter: I had this once before, and it was the first dark beer I really enjoyed. I am looking forward to seeing how I like this now that I have really started to develope a taste for darker beers.

Great Divide Yeti Imperial Stout: I don't know if I have had this beer or not. This is a perfect example of why I am keeping this blog! I have really liked everything I have had from great divide, so I anticipate this being good.

Heave Seas Imperial Stout: Heavy Seas is a name I recognize and I have liked some of their other beers. I am trying to expand my horizons as far as dark beers, so here is another one to try.

Dogfish head 90 minute IPA: Ah, my favorite. How could I NOT get this. I try to buy some 90 minute every time I go to Toast, assuming that have it of cource. They are sold out alot.

In addition to these beers, I also talked to them about getting in some other stuff I would like to try. I asked about getting some of the Great Divide Titain IPA- they are usually out when I go, and I went on Wednesday because thats when they get it in. Apparently their supplier is on back order. I asked about getting some Hibernation Ale from great divide as well. And about possibly getting some of the Bigfoot Ale. They are going to see what they can do- hopefully I can get some of those other beers on my beer wish list.


(Click for full resolution)

No comments:

Post a Comment