I am watching the Celtics Calves game from friday night. I just got to half time, and I have just about finished off a Stone IPA. Both of these have been great! The game has been post season like in atmosphere- and not just first round kind of post season, but like conference finals intensity. And who knows, this game could play a part in who wins the conference finals. And the beer has been great. The hops have been exactly what I wanted. This is exactly the right environment for a solid, inexpensive IPA.
UPDATE: During the second half I drank a Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. This is another reasonably priced beer. Although it is not classified as an IPA, it has alot of IPA characteristics, and it too was exactly what I wanted to follow that Stone IPA and close out the game. Overall this was a great game to watch. The Celtics bench really seemed to show that it could win an another NBA championship.
Both of theses brews I have had before and previously gave so-so reviews as I recall. Both of these were also purchased way back in December, and have been chillin' in my fridge since then. I don't know if it was the fact that I didn't expect too much, the fact that I was watching a basketball game and not focusing on every nuance of the beer, or the fact that these beers have had a chance to mellow out, but I really enjoyed both of these beers significantly more than the last time I had them. I guess it may also be that Celtics wins make everything taste a little sweeter. :-)
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment