I know its been a while since I updated the blog, but don't worry, I am sure I will be much less busy in a few months. :-) Seriously tho, I have been pretty busy, but I will try to make some more time to write up the backlog of reviews I have.
Today is a short one about a great brew. Just 2 days after the Publick house trip we found ourselves back at Aarons. But this time it was for the primary beer I had been waiting to try, the just-barely-aged-enough-to-open Sleet Street Ale from Beals Brothers Brewing. This was a scotch ale roughly estimated to be about 7% alcohol.
There were a number of us there trying this beer, so we opened 2 bottles and split it about 5 ways. Aaron had some neat tasting glasses that looked a bit like squat pint glasses. I thought they were neat.
The pour was nice, leaving a good head. It had a rich dark caramel color to it, and gave off a nice malty smell. The flavor reminded me of Old Stock Ale, but a little crisper, and with more carbonation. This beer had a flavor that I associate with a good barleywine. Aaron recommened that this beer be aged another two to three months to really let the flavors mellow out. Aaron let me take a bottle of this home with me, and I was fortunately able to get it all the way back to Augusta without it breaking. I am letting it age in my refridgerator until after Paul is born, and then I will crack it open when there are some other beer conesures around. I am looking forward to getting to taste this again!
This was really one of my favorite beers I had over the whole break. As a resault of drinking this beer, I am now planning to eventually invest in some equipment and start brewing some of my own beer.
No comments:
Post a Comment